Monday, November 2, 2009

Bugs galore

Worked on three things today, mainly so I wouldn't go crazy...

Looking for RGB555 discs I found an old professional title that provides a simple testcase for the "DMA to 05140000" problem manifesting in both MESS and CD-i Emulator. I've been backtracing this through the ROMs and trying to find out how to solve it, but no luck so far.

When I got nearly crazy from staring at the disassembly listings I'd switch to fixing another bug: CD-i Link no longer works with CD-i Emulator, and there is someone urgently needing this. I've made some progress here (it downloads the stub okay, but still cannot upload) but it's not finished.

To escape from all the frustration I also did some new development: I extended the disc path table and directory sector parsing in preparation for more CD-i File functionality (specifically, the "dir" and "chdir" options). But here I also hit weird bugs in memory allocation.

It just wasn't my day, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment